Southwestern Community College
Southwestern Community College is a two-year, public institution located in Creston, Iowa, with centers in Red Oak and Osceola. We welcome anyone who desires and is committed to obtaining an education. SWCC offers industrial training, career and technical education, adult and continuing education, distance/online learning and courses for transfer.
- 1,400 = Average number of credit students each fall
- 10,000 = Number of people enrolled in continuing education each year
- 400 = Number of high-school students served each semester
- 23 million = Dollars provided in business training programs to area businesses
- 13,000 = New jobs created thanks to business training programs
- 1= New student we’re missing – YOU!
Red Oak Center
Southwestern Community College's Red Oak Center offers college credit, adult education, GED and Adult Basic Education classes, and customized training for local businesses and industries.
In addition to on-site classes, distance learning opportunities are available using the Iowa Communications Network (ICN), and online classes through the Iowa Community College Online Consortium. The Red Oak Center has nine classrooms including two ICN rooms and a 15-station computer lab.
In 2002, the Red Oak Technology Center opened through a cooperative effort with Red Oak Community Schools, the Red Oak Chamber and Industry Association, Buena Vista University, Bellevue University, and individual, business, and industrial donors. The Technology Center provides classroom space for Southwestern’s Career Academy/Tech Prep programs, science classes, and industrial training.
Southwestern Community College Red Oak Center