The Montgomery County Courthouse, completed in 1890 of red limestone and of Richardsonian Romanesque design is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The Courthouse was the subject of a woodcut purchased by Edmund Osborne and Thomas D. Murphy in 1888 while under construction. Needing to offset the expense, the two sold advertising to surround a calendar and a copy of the woodcut print. Subsequently, Red Oak became known as the birthplace of the art calendar industry.
Height: Four story with raised basement.
Walls: Brick and rock-faced stone.
Windows: Variety, includes wood 1/1 windows, some with transoms.
Stylistic features: Towers, turrets, finials, cresting, large polygonal bay, clock tower