Modifications: Early 1920s storefront modifications. During 1930s, changes made to exterior and interior. In 1956, storefront completely remodeled. Between 1956 and 1974, metal awning installed. At an unknown date, replaced by a modern fabric awning. In 2014, building owners received a CDBG grant to carry out facade improvements. The facade was repainted. New anodized aluminum storefront and signage was installed.
Height: Two story.
Walls: Brick, painted.
Storefront: Aluminum display windows and doors, brick kneewalls, awning.
Windows: Wood 1/1 double hung, wood transoms.
Stylistic features: Bay window, tracery, finials, battlements, miniature turret.
1902-1928 Rapp Shoe Company
1908 College of Dressmaking – 2nd Fl
1914 The Upstairs Clothes Shop – 2nd Fl
1915 L.E. Hall (Tailor) – 2nd Fl
1917 O.G. Howard (Real Estate)
1934-1945 Fair Ruth Smith Beauty Shop – 2nd Fl
1934-1971 Brown Shoe Fit Company