Modifications: In 1958 northeast storefront completely remodeled. In 1959, the south storefronts on east façade remodeled. By 1974, all of the upper story windows covered in painted plywood. At unknown dates, new windows were installed in front facade, all of storefronts modernized again. In 2014, building owners received a CDBG grant to carry out facade improvements. New anodized aluminum storefront was installed. New windows were installed at 2nd and 3rd story of north facade and 1st bay at north end of east facade.
Height: Three story.
Storefront: Aluminum display windows and doors, vertical wood siding, stone kneewalls, shingles.
Windows: North (primary) facade, wood 1/1 double hung windows at 2nd Fl and vinyl casement at 3rd Fl; East facade all covered with wood boards.
Stylistic features: Brick corbeling.
1911-1917 Red Oak Candy Kitchen, J.G. Mitchell Confectioners
1914 Candy Factory, Candies
1927 Dr. O.E. Smith (Chiropractor) – 2nd Fl
1930 Wearcraft Store
1955 Butler’s Restaurant
1958-1959 Hanson Café
1974 Sundell Shoes
Also Elwood Clothing & Dreamland (unknown dates)