Modifications: In 1873 built in Italianate Style. Remodeling c. 1901 altered exterior to Renaissance Revival style, ornamentation removed, main entrance relocated, and once clipped cornered building squared off. Between 1914 and 1927 addition to west made building L-shaped, new windows and door added to south facade. Between 1902 and 1940, corner entrance altered, and dome awning added. Before 1971, flat metal awnings added. Sometime after 1971, cornice replaced. In 2014, building owners received a CDBG grant to carry out facade improvements. Work included a new storefront, as well as repainting the window frames and trim.
Height: Two story.
Storefront: Recessed doorway flanked by aluminum display windows.
Windows: 1/1 wood double hung windows.
Stylistic features: L-shaped plan, arched openings at 1st story, stone belt courses above and below square recessed window openings, overhanging eaves supported by brackets, parapet with projecting cornice and integrated brackets, projecting turret supported by square column.
1879-1898 H.C. Houghton Bank
1901-1924 Farmers National Bank
1902-1905 Manker & Morris, Dentists – 2nd Fl
1907 F.D. Deitrich, Boot and Shoe Repair – Basement
1934-1972 Faunce’s Dress Shop