412 East Coolbaugh, built in 1875 (the painted building on the right-side of the photo), was the first brick building in downtown Red Oak after the many fires that occurred during the boardwalk days. In 1890 414 East Coolbaugh was built as a reflection to its older brother.
Modifications: After c. 1956, the storefront was modified.
Height: Two story.
Storefront: Cast iron columns and lintel; wood display windows, transoms, and doors; wood cladding; vinyl 1/1 windows, fiberglass doors.
Windows: Wood 1/1 double hung windows.
Stylistic features: Metal cornice with brackets, metal belt course and two canted bay windows at 2nd story with wood tracery.
412 East Coolbaugh Street
1897-1898: J.H. Pogge & Co., Tailor
1900: M. Bauer, Tailor
1901: Minnie Ashby, Millinery
1908: Gas Company’s Office; printing – rear of 1st floor
1916-1930: Ralph L. Franklin, Furnaces, Gas Stoves & Ranges
1934, 1941 & 1945: Montgomery Ward Order Office
1935: Dick Sheets & Roy Goodrich, Electric Sales and Service
1950-1954: Davis Paint Associate Store
1955-1958: Topsy Cafe
1956-1960: Dr. R. F. Mills, Optometrist
1990: Montgomery County GOP Headquarters
1991-1992: West Central Development Corporation
414 East Coolbaugh Street
1901-1914: J.H. Pogge, Tailor & Dry Cleaner
1914-1915: Marsh Furniture Co.
1915-1920: T.H. Purdy, Furniture
1920: Electric Shoe Sho
1926: Bon Ton Cleaning Co.
1934-1945: Weidman Fruit Stand
1955: Doc Weidman’s Store