Listed on the National Historic Register, this 1874 brick Italianate was designed by architect George West and built for Col. Alfred Hebard and his wife Anna Huntington Hebard. Hebard was elected to the Territorial Legislature in 1840 and twice reelected. He was prominent in framing new laws for the new Territory of Iowa, and in 1846, elected to the First General Assembly of the State. In 1856, Hebard made a survey for the Burlington Missouri Railroad from the Mississippi to the Missouri Rivers. While on the survey, Hebard purchased a large tract of land where Red Oak now stands. Arched windows and doors and ornate brackets grace the exterior. The interior features crystal chandeliers, added in the 1930’s, five marble fireplaces, and beautifully tapered and fluted wood trim surrounding the windows and doors.