Modification: Between 1899 and 1908, addition to the rear of building. In 1911, the building’s roof raised. After 1948 storefront transom covered and door to 2nd fl replaced. In 2014, building owners received a CDBG grant to carry out facade improvements. Improvements included repair of storefront materials, removal of the window A/C unit, painting windows, and repointing the facade.
Height: Two story.
Storefront: Wood display windows and door, fiberglass door, transom covered.
Windows: Wood 1/1 double hung windows.
Stylistic features: Stone belt course, corbeled brick and stone cornice, stone sills at 2nd fl window openings.
1886 -1891 Soda Pop Factory
1902 Wilson’s Bakery
1908 Bakery & Confectionary
1909-1919 City Bakery, H.C. Zondler, Baker
1927 Mrs. Rosa Mills, Restaurant and Bakery
1930 Red Oak Café
1934 Youth Center
1948-1955 Community Appliance Co.