In 1907, the Carnegie Foundation announced that $12,500 would be available to communities for the construction of libraries. The town was responsible for funding and acquiring the building site and project support. After argument and debate, Red Oak’s voters approved. The Red Oak Public Library was completed and opened its doors in 1909.
Modifications: In 1924 and 1959, additions to building.
Height: Two story.
Walls: Brick and stucco.
Windows & Doors: Wood 1/1 double hung and fixed windows.
Stylistic features: Steeply pitched roof w/clay tile, half timbering.