Search
Close this search box.

McQueen Corbin Insurance

Height: One story. Walls: Concrete block walls, painted. Storefront: Wood windows and door. Stylistic features: Stepped parapet. Past Businesses 1949-1960 Pearl E. McQueen, McQueen & Swanson Insurance Agency (Insurance)1949-1951 Jay […]

Straud G. Hersman, Funeral Home

Modifications: At unknown dates, storefront modernized and glass transoms covered, 2nd floor windows replaced. Height: Two story. Walls: Brick. Storefront: Fixed wood window, steel doors, wood cladding, brick kneewall, metal […]

Meat Market

Modifications: West Bay:At unknown dates, storefront modernized, cornice removed, and 2nd floor windows replaced.East Bay:Around 1950, storefront modernized. At unknown dates, storefront modernized again and 2nd floor windows replaced. Height: […]

F.J. Brodby Grocery

Modifications: Between 1912 and 1930s, metal cornice removed. In 1951, major remodeling at 1st and 2nd fls. In 2014, building owners received a CDBG grant to carry out facade improvements. […]

Red Oak National Bank

Modifications: In the late 1940s, metal cornice removed. In 1960, exterior completely remodeled, rain screen added to top portion of this and bldg at 319 E Reed St, painted brick […]

I.O.O.F/Grocery/Dry Goods

Modifications:West Bay: c. 1940, 2nd story window openings partially infilled with brick. Before 1946, metal cornice removed. Between 1960 and 1971, storefront modernized.East Bay:In 1952, storefront modernized. In 1960, exterior […]

Saddlery

Modifications: Before 1946, metal cornice removed. Around 1966, storefront modernized. At recent unknown date, 2nd floor windows replaced. Height: Two story. Walls: Brick, painted Storefront: Aluminum display windows and door, […]

Orkin & Brothers Dry Goods

Modifications: By 1940, 2nd story window openings modified. Between 1946 and 1971 metal cornice replaced with a smaller cornice that matched the building at 305 E Reed St. Before 1954, […]

C.A. Hough Building

Modifications: Between 1899 and 1940, pressed metal cornice replaced. Around same time, upper part of 2nd story windows in-filled. In 1958, storefront modernized. Between 1958 and 1971, metal awning added. […]

Carmichael’s Variety Store

Modifications: Around 1910, one-story addition to rear of building. Before 1946, elaborate cornice removed. Before 1961, storefront modernized and west façade 1st fl openings infilled with brick. After 1961, storefront […]

Red Oak Branding Kit

Align your marketing campaigns with the City of Red Oak's new branding; Red Oak - The Heart of Southwest Iowa.